Thursday, 24 September 2009

You have to Laugh

So we have an elderly patient on the A&E ward with a raging UTI and won't stop weeing. She is wearing our lovely disposable NHS netted knickers, and we decided to cut through them in order to put a clean pair on. As I cut through, they flicked upwards into my colleague *Simon's face, and I was mortified. For a few seconds I daren't look at him, my face must have looked the epitome of horror, I looked up and silently mouthed 'Sorry' to him. He had a dribble of urine dripping from the end of his nose down onto his lips, and as his hands were otherwise engaged his only hope was to frantically blow short breaths from his mouth upwards to try to stem the dripping. I burst out laughing, and I didn't stop. I giggled my way through the last few hours of my shift.

It came to leaving time,

Simon: 'Next shift together - I owe you'

And when I heard that I am sure the look of horror returned to my face.

Not sure if it's one of those 'you had to be there' moments, but I felt I had to share.

3 comments:

  1. Lumo actually asked me if this was funny enough for The Handover. Um :) Lumo, by US standards, anytime "wee" drips down someone's nose, it's funny.

    Let that rule be set in stone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMFAO good one, id be scared very scared about your next shift

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ck's cousin. Plus, I lived in the UK for two years and somehow, even if something's not funny...it's funny if you imagine reading it with an accent.

    But this was funny. Body fluids=funny...writ in stone.

    ReplyDelete