I've been trying to figure out what to do with my life for a few years now, and I've been back and forth over which career to choose; nurse or paramedic? Everyone was telling me to do nursing, so I applied and was accepted. What I hadn't told anyone was that I also applied for a paramedic foundation degree, and thought that if I'd get in on the paramedic course I would go for that instead. I didn't tell anyone because I never thought I'd get in, it is incredibly competitive. So I was content with my place on the nursing course starting in January.
I eventually heard back from the universities offering paramedic science, and to cut the story short, I have been offered a place on a paramedic course! Couldn't be happier. So I only have a couple more months in A&E then I'm off to be a paramedic student. It's all happening so fast, I have a lot of work to do before it starts.
I've applied to many universities offering the paramedic course over the past few years, and was never even offered an interview. Just goes to show if you want something enough, you can get it if you put in enough effort and persistence!
I started telling my colleagues this week, and I am gutted that I have to leave. I'll still see them though, I'll be bringing patients in to them!
So this is it, it's all done, signed on the dotted line and everything. Watch out everyone! Lumo is soon to be a paramedic.
Onwards and upwards!
How To Get Affordable PVC Paste Resin
4 years ago

Congrats! :D
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Lumo!! See you on the green side of life!
ReplyDeleteCharl x
Congratulations Lumo. I'm chuffed to bits for you.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read your journey through your training!
Remember, I am only a email away if I can help you in any way.
Thanks so much for the comments, it's all so exciting!
ReplyDeletehey lumo, good effort.
ReplyDeletethe skills that you have picked up in a+e will help you no end. there are plenty of ex a+e staff on the road, and they have great interpersonal skills and can tell when people are sick or just malingering.
when do you start?
Hey, yeah I'm positive that if I hadn't been working in A&E for the past year I wouldn't have got in. 20 places for hundreds of applicants, I didn't think I stood a chance! I start in January, which gives me about 6 weeks to sort everything out.
ReplyDeleteWell Done Lumo!
ReplyDeleteI think you have probably made the right choice despite all of the grumblings that you will read on other blogs (mine included) we all still keep coming back for more - it can be a bit adictive!