
It will take me a while to get through that lot, although some has already gone. Of course.
Christmas always seems to be a happy day for me, no matter how many times I tell people I hate it. People just seem to be happier, and I have noticed that I feel happier too.
Now I don't know if this is just me, but there is always a distinct moment that brings me back to reality; whether it is a specific event that happens, or just waking up the next day and realising it's boxing day.
This year, that moment came when I was walking down to my Nan's house to see the family; a (probably stolen) car full of drunken teenagers came racing down the road, started swerving, and crashed into some parked cars and a lampost, only to drive away as fast as they could and leave the mess for someone else to clean up. Fortunately they didn't hurt anyone, but then thinking about it I realised they may have already, or would go on to hurt someone, if not themselves. I'm sure the neighbours would have been brought back down to earth as I had; once they discover the damage to their cars.
I guess Christmas just doesn't affect people the way it affects me. I guess for some it is a time they might associate with something bad that has happened to them around Christmas time before, or for those working in the emergency services who have worked over Christmas for so long, and used to get that happy Christmas feeling, but have it weaken over the years until it's just another day on the street. I can see that happening to me, as I realise this may be the last Christmas day I will be off work.
So I hope everyone had a really great Christmas, and weren't brought crashing back to Earth too soon. Let's look forward to New Years eve, I know I'm not.

No comments:
Post a Comment