What I, and many others, have come to realise about the good old NHS...
'If everything is running smoothly, and all systems are operating correctly; it's about time it buggered up'
There are a lot of dramatic changes taking place, of which very few are heard or read about. This is probably because most of the changes are for admin staff which people won't find as interesting, but what most people don't realise is that if it weren't for these underpaid office monkeys, hospitals would not be running at all. They do so much more than people realise, and I feel that they deserve recognition for the good work they do. Admin and clerical staff work bloody hard (at least the ones I know), *raises glass* so here's to you fantastic people, hear hear! Thankyou for all of you who are staying put, fighting for your pay to go back up to what it used to be, fighting for your positions to stay where they are.
So what is happening to them?
I shan't go into detail - far too boring - basically admin staff that run clinics are being shafted. The system that is in place now works like a dream, and was put in place because the old system didn't work. So of course the big boss has realised that things have been running smoothly for a little bit too long now, and to prove that he/she is not just there to sit and watch while everything is operating well and to create a shed load of work for him/herself, what do they do? Bugger it up. Bring back the old system. You remember, the one that didn't work. This of course comes with a pay cut and people losing jobs.
You can have a degree in anything but you still need common sense and experience to do a job properly.
Ooh that reminds me of the IT staff, but I won't rant on, it could last for several pages.
Bah humbug.
How To Get Affordable PVC Paste Resin
4 years ago

Good luck with your blog! I only started mine as I was bored on a night shift. Also good luck in your career.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree with you more "It's all well and good knowing the square root of a jam jar but pointless if you can't undo the lid!"
Stay safe
Thanks, good luck with your blog (and career) too. There are so many medical blogs around now it's really good to read up on other people's experiences. I'm sure I will have more to write about when I'm working in A&E.
ReplyDeleteI've enjoyed reading your blog Mac, so if you keep on writing I'll keep on reading.
Have a good Christmas and a safe new year.