Some people would call me a coward. I think I'd have to agree with them.
I would like to have my photo on by blog, I'd like to have my real name on my blog, I'd like to think that one day I could have the courage to do just that. I have been working in A&E for 6 months now, and I have only just learned that soon I will be training as a nurse. Seeing as I am at the very bottom rung on the ladder of my career, I don't want anything to jeopardise it. But am I jeopardising it already?
I am fairly confident that if anyone from my particular A&E department read this, it wouldn't take long for them to work out who I am. There is only one A&E in the city, and although it's a big department there are some things I have written about here that would definitely set me apart from the rest...
One paramedic has already figured out 'my' hospital, he has yet to identify me!
I wonder what my bosses would say. I think some of them would turn a blind eye, in fact I'm positive that some of them would turn a blind eye, but if one person found out, how long would it be before the whole department knew?
I always liked writing. When I was little I wrote diaries and all sorts of stories about what was going on in my life, it was only when I was bought two books, two very well known books to the EMS blogging community; 'A Paramedic's Diary' and 'Blood, Sweat and Tea', and I found their websites. Admittedly I used these blog websites to keep me entertained when I used to work in a clinic, but when I started getting my own life experiences I wanted to share them in the same way others did.
I write, and I blog, because I want to tell stories. I would not intentionally moan about management, or lash out at government targets or the NHS, no matter how much I'd like to. Instead, I'll keep my gob shut. I am unsure if I am keeping these things quiet for fear that my career within the NHS could be over before it's even begun.
On that thought, yes I think I'll keep my gob shut. Then one day, when I'm in charge, I will make things happen. I'll bring about change. I like to think that things could be better on that day.
Yes, I daydream a lot. It must be very obvious that I am still new to this. I don't care. I need something to aspire to, and I need to believe that things can get better when I see so many things around me that need to change.
I might put my real name up here one day, when I'm a fully fledged nurse and I have a few more readers. Ok, I know I'm being optimistic here. I have always known the risks, and for that reason, I will not stop writing. It gives me something to look forward to at the end of a long shift, and I have written about things on here that I wouldn't talk about to my closest friends. Call it cheap therapy.
*Edit* Tom Reynolds has just summed it up perfectly here;
http://randomreality.blogware.com/blog/_archives/2009/6/16/4224292.html
How To Get Affordable PVC Paste Resin
4 years ago

I like your blog! It's fantastic! keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteBtw- what is your email address- I want to ask something but can't click the link because I don't have outlook.
Emzieness x
Why thankyou :)
ReplyDeleteMy e-mail address is mynameislumo@hotmail.com